HRPAY 22-02, Health Benefits Processing Reminder
Published: June 28, 2022
Agencies are reminded of the ability to change the effective date of an employee’s Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) enrollment if the date is incorrect in the National Finance Center's (NFC) Payroll/Personnel System (PPS).
Agencies should change the date using a Master File Change Document (Document Type 030) in either the Web-based Entry, Processing, Inquiry, and Correction System (EPIC Web) or EmpowHR.
To Change an Effective Date for a Health Benefits Document:
To ensure the effective change is received by the carriers, Agencies must follow the steps below.
- Process a master file change in either EPIC Web or EmpowHR.
- In the Select a field to be updated field enter the following:
- FEHB three-digit enrollment code
- New date in YY/MM/DD format with no spaces between the enrollment code and the date.
For example, Enrollment Code 104 and date 06/24/2022 would be 104220624.
- Process a Web-based Special Payroll Processing System (SPPS Web) request to adjust the premiums.
- Once the master file change document and SPPS Web request are completed, submit a ServiceNow ticket to NFC FEHB with Health Benefits Election Form (SF-2809)/Notice of Change in Health Benefits Enrollment (SF-2810) attached with corrected effective date for NFC to send to the carrier. In the remarks section of the SF-2809/SF-2810, state that incorrect date is being changed to correct date in the remarks field.
Example: Changing effective from (MM/DD/YY) to (MM/DD/YY).
The procedure manuals for these applications, which are available online at the NFC Web site, are being updated to include the information in this bulletin. To view these procedures, selectfrom the drop-down menu on the NFC Home page. At the page, select the tab, select from the Publications Library section, and then select the applicable system/application page to access the procedure manuals.
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center ator via the customer service portal at ServiceNow Portal for Federated Users and at ServiceNow Portal for Non-Federated Users.