MANPAY 20-02, Submission of Military Deposit Cases in ServiceNow
Published: June 19, 2020
Effective: Pay Period 11, 2020
The National Finance Center (NFC) is excited to announce the capability for authorized Agency representatives to utilize NFC’s self-service portal, ServiceNow, to create service requests for retirement and military service deposits. The new ServiceNow catalogs were made available to Agencies as of June 1, 2020. This ServiceNow implementation includes the following types of documents:
- Retirement case submissions
- Retirement inquiries
- Military service deposit case submissions
- Military service deposit case inquiries
Creating tickets via the ServiceNow self-service portal provides both NFC and Agencies with the following benefits:
- Traceability throughout the ticket lifecycle
- Capability to quickly update ticket which then provides immediate visibility
- Reduction in completion and resolution time for customer requests
- Certainty that only authorized Agency representatives submit inquiries
- Availability 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Concurrent with this new functionality, NFC's Retirement Processing Section (RPS) and Military Deposit and Reconciliation Section (MDRS) will be transitioning away from accepting customer requests via individual email accounts, as well as the RPS and MDRS mailboxes. NFC will also conduct a validation of Agency submitters within 60 days of implementation to ensure all Agencies have the access they need going forward.
Agencies should begin entering cases and inquiries via ServiceNow starting June 1, 2020. The full implementation for case submissions will be completed by June 8, 2020, and the full implementation of inquiries will be completed by August 1, 2020.
Our internal process will remain the same during this transition period. Beginning August 1, 2020, any inquiries received via email boxes (e.g.,and ) will be returned to the Agency unprocessed.
Updated to accept military service deposit and retirement cases.
Modifications have been made to update ServiceNow for the electronic submission of retirement and military service deposit cases via ServiceNow. The flow of Military Service Deposit processing is outlined below.
MDRS Processing via ServiceNow:
- NFC receives the military service deposit case from the Agency via ServiceNow. There are three ways that military service deposit cases may be repaid:
- Lump sum cases
- Payroll deductions
- Installment payments
- The technician verifies the attachments and if applicable, submits the payment into Pay.gov.
- Once the collection is confirmed in Pay.gov, and the attachments are confirmed, the technician reviews, analyzes, and certifies the paid in full status.
- The technician attaches the paid in full document in ServiceNow.
- A notification is sent to the Agency that the paid in full document has been attached in ServiceNow.
- The lump sum payment case is assigned to a technician via ServiceNow.
- The technician creates a master record containing the service history.
- A copy of the payment confirmation from Pay.gov is sent to the Payroll Operations Branch (POB).
- Either the Payroll Systems Control and Reconciliation Section (PSCRS) or MDRS will enter the information in the Web-based Special Payroll Processing System (SPPS Web).
- Upon receiving the transaction, POB creates an NFC29, Internal Adjustment document, for the biweekly pay schedule.
- Upon posting, the Payroll Interface Centralized Accounting (PICA) entry offsets, and retirement history updates.
- Once updated, the technician releases the military deposit, Individual Retirement Record (IRR) card, and documents to the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
- The Data Exchange Gateway (DEG) file transmits.
- The IRR card and documents are sent to OPM via Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP).
- The technician completes the ServiceNow Request.
Authorized Agency representatives can find the new service request catalogs on the ServiceNow Web site atfor non-Federated users and for Federated users.
For your convenience, the NFC Business Service Management ServiceNow Customer Service Portal User Guide can be found at.
The Non-Automated procedure manual, which is available online at the NFC Web site, is being updated to include the information in this bulletin. To view and/or print this procedure, select HR and Payroll Clients from the MyNFC drop-down menu on the NFC Home page. At the HR and Payroll Clients page, select the Publications tab and select the applicable category to access the procedure manual within the category.
Authorized Agency representatives should log in to the ServiceNow portal to validate their access, review the new Military Service Deposit catalog items, and provide any questions to the ServiceNow Team at.
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center at 1-855-NFC-( ) or via ServiceNow.