BILL 22-01, Replacing Debtor Number with Unique Account Number in the Administrative Billings and Collections System (ABCO)
Published: April 8, 2022
Effective: Pay Period 06, 2022
ABCO is replacing personally identifiable information (PII) contained within the Debtor Number for all existing and future ABCO Debtor Records with a unique account number on all ABCO notices. This is being done in accordance with Section B, Privacy Requirements of the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Memorandum for Safeguarding Against and Responding to the Breach of Personally Identifiable Information.
Replaced PII contained in the Debtor Number with Unique Account Number.
ABCO will utilize an algorithm to create a random sequence of characters to replace PII contained within the Debtor Number with a unique account number. The account number will replace any instance of an employee's Social Security number on all ABCO notices.
The following ABCO screens have been updated as a result of the change:
- Receivable Record
- Receivable Record (2)
- Employee Indebtedness
- Bill Record
- Debtor Record
The following ABCO reports have been updated as a result of the change:
- Form NFC-631, Demand Notice for Payment
- Form NFC-937, Notice of Intent to Recover Past-Due Health Benefits from Salary
- Form NFC-937-B, Notice of Intent to Recover Past-Due Health Benefits from Salary
- Form NFC-937TR, Notice of Intent to Recover Past-Due Health Benefits from Salary (Treasury Agencies Only)
- Form NFC-937-A, Notice to Intent to Recover Past-Due Life Insurance Premiums from Salary (Smithsonian Only)
- Form NFC-1100, Notice of Overpayment of Salary and Demand for Payment
- Form NFC-1100TR, Notice of Overpayment of Salary and Demand for Payment (Treasury Agencies Only)
- Form NFC-1101, Repayment Agreement
- Form NFC-1101TR, Repayment Agreement (Treasury Agencies Only)
The procedure manual for this application, which is available online at the National Finance Center (NFC) Web site, is being updated to include the information in this bulletin. To view and/or print this procedure, selectfrom the drop-down menu on the NFC Home page. At the page, select the tab and select the applicable category to access the procedure manual within the category.
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center ator via the customer service portal at ServiceNow Portal for Federated Users and at ServiceNow Portal for Non-Federated Users.