- Payroll Tax Deferral FAQs
- Informational Memorandum for Old Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance (OASDI) - Demand Notice for Payment
- PAYE Schedule and Information
- Accounting/Pay Period Calendar Fiscal Year
- 2023 PAYE Processing Schedule
- 2024 PAYE Processing Schedule
- Pay Period Calendar
- Federal Pay Rates
- 2024 Annual Pay Raise
HR/Payroll Customer Communities
- NFC Customer Board
The Customer Board provides strategic direction, customer insight, and assists in setting the future direction for the Payroll/Personnel Systems and Services (PPSS).
The Committee for the Agriculture Payroll/Personnel System (CAPPS) is a committee established by NFC to represent managers and users of the USDA/NFC Payroll/Personnel System.
- User and Working Groups
User and Working Groups are established for the purpose of identifying customer needs, developing priorities for system updates and improvements, and discussing requirements/changes on specific project(s)
- Debt Management Work Group
The Debt Management Work Group has been established to keep NFC’s customers abreast of important information and changes within the Debt Management Services Branch.
- NFC Project Review Team
NFC's Project Review Teams (PRT) are a cross Agency group with goals to develop categorization criteria for submitting Software Change Requests to NFC.
- Agency Security Officers
Security is of the highest concern for NFC and our customers. We realize that we must remain vigilant regarding this priority in all initiatives that we undertake.
FESI Test Windows
At the beginning of each calendar year, the National Finance Center (NFC) will publish a schedule of FESI Test Windows for the upcoming year.
Recent HR/Payroll Notifications
- November 29, 2023 - 9:37 a.m.
It’s T&A Time!
- November 21, 2023 - 12:52 p.m.
CULP0053, T&A Error Analysis Report
- November 15, 2023 - 3:00 p.m.
Reminder: 2023 W-2 and 1095-C Paperless Option
- November 15, 2023 - 7:58 a.m.
It’s T&A Time!
- November 9, 2023 - 4:05 p.m.
Thanksgiving Day Holiday Schedule
HR/Payroll Annual Communications
The National Finance Center issues numerous communications throughout the course of the calendar year. Listed below is an account of what customers can expect to see issued via public and private communications during the month of December:
- Christmas Day Holiday
- Delivery of the (Year) Internal Revenue Service Form W2, Wage and Tax Statement
- Federal Income Tax Withholding
- Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA)
- New Year’s Day Holiday
- NFC’s Year End Processing for Special Payroll Processing System (SPPS)
- Pay Periods 25 and 26 Special Processing Instructions
- Qualified Transit Fringe Benefits
- Reporting Work Group (RWG) Meeting Notes
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) Changes
- Time and Attendance (Biweekly each pay period)
- Wage and Tax Statement Available for Use with Turbo Tax or At Home
Customers may also view the schedule for communications expected throughout the next calendar year.View Schedule
Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) Process
In accordance with the Secure File Transfer Protocol (SFTP) Requirements Mandated by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), all file transmissions currently conducted via File Transfer Protocol (FTP), and any new file transmissions, must utilize the SFTP method.View SFTP Page