TAXES 17-30, Indiana County Income Tax Withholding
Published: October 30, 2017
Effective: Pay Period 20, 2017
The income tax withholding rates for Allen and Marion Counties, Indiana, have increased.
- Allen County from 1.35 percent to 1.48 percent
- Marion County from 1.77 percent to 2.02 percent
No action on the part of the employee or the personnel office is necessary.
Acceptable Exemption Form:
Acceptable Exemption Data:
A-Z, 0/Number of Dependents
Determine the Total Number of Exemptions field as follows:
- Enter the number of exemptions claimed. (If less than 10, precede with a 0 (zero).)
Withholding Formula (Effective Pay Period 20, 2017)
- Subtract the nontaxable biweekly Federal Health Benefits Plan payment(s) (includes dental and vision insurance program and Flexible Spending Account - health care and dependent care deductions) from the gross biweekly wages.
- Subtract the nontaxable biweekly Thrift Savings Plan contribution from the gross biweekly wages to obtain the adjusted gross biweekly wages.
- Multiply the adjusted gross biweekly wages times 26 to obtain the annual wages.
- Determine the exemption allowance by applying the following guideline and subtract this amount from the result of step 3:
Exemption Allowance = $1,000 x Number of Exemptions1
1 Number of exemptions claimed for self, spouse, over age 65, blindness, and dependents.
- Determine the exemption allowance by applying the following guideline and subtract this amount from the result of step 4 to compute the taxable income:
Additional Allowance = $1,500 x Number of Additional Exemptions 2
2 Number of additional exemptions claimed for certain qualifying dependents.
- Apply the taxable income to the following guideline in the table below to determine the annual Indiana county income tax withholding:
3 Voluntary county tax status.
Compute the County Income Tax Withholding For:
Tax Rate Percentage
- Divide the annual Indiana county income tax withholding calculated in step 6 by 26 to obtain the biweekly Indiana county income tax withholding.
To view the updated tax formula, go to thepage from the drop-down menu on the National Finance Center (NFC) homepage. Select the tab and select from the menu to launch the tax map. Select the desired State from the map provided for the formula.
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center ator via the ServiceNow Customer Service Portal.