INQUIRY 20-02, Employee Personal Page - Additional Option Added to the Two-Factor Authentication
Published: April 1, 2020
Effective: Pay Period 06, 2020
The National Finance Center (NFC) is implementing an additional option for the Employee Personal Page’s (EPP) two-factor authentication process. The new option will allow users to elect to receive a pass code via an automated phone call to their registered phone number. This new functionality is an alternative to receiving a pass code via text message or authentication application.
Aoption has been added on the Two-Factor Authentication page.
To Authenticate Using the New Phone Call Option from the Two-Step Authentication Page:
- Select the Phone Call radio button.
- Select the button. The Two-Step Authentication page (including the Phone Number field) is displayed.
- Enter your phone number in the Phone Number field.
- Select the button. The Two-Step Authentication page (including the Verification Code field) is displayed. You will receive an automated phone call providing a verification code.
- Enter the verification code provided in the Verification Code field.
- Select the button. The My EPP Main Menu page is displayed.
For additional information refer to bulletin INQUIRY 19-09, Implementation of Two-Factor Authentication for the Employee Personal Page.
The procedure manual for this application, which is available online at the NFC Web site, is being updated to include the information in this bulletin. To view this procedure, selectfrom the drop-down menu on the NFC Home page. At the page, select the tab and select the applicable category to access the procedure manual within the category.
For questions about NFC processing, authorized Servicing Personnel Office representatives should contact the NFC Contact Center ator via the customer service portal.